Pavegen are an international company run by young entrepreneur Laurence Kemball-Cook. He developed a paving slab that transforms the kinetic energy of your footstep and turns it into electrical power. The slab sends 5% of the power from the footstep to generating a light on the top of the slab which lights up when you step on it. The remaining 95% of the power generated is stored within batteries to be used to power a variety of electrical applications, such as lighting at tube stations.
Pavegen employed me to create a video to promote their project in schools, engaging the children in renewable energy. I created a 3 minute video that was used in conjunction with their Kickstarter funding page to generate over $500,000 in pledges for the company to expand around the globe.